Friday, 10 January 2014

Photoshoot

These are the images from the photoshoot I conducted with Emily at High Tunstal Court sticking to what I'd planned. I think the photoshoot was largely successful given it was a first attempt, even if a lot of the images are over or underexposed. A lot are still useable, though. Emily an outfit practically identical to the one I'd planned, giving a really goth like feel. Her portrayal of a angry emotional character was spot through her facial expression.

The star image really matched the video, it maybe even a bit more intense. I used a studio flash in to give a high-quality finish to the photos, making them well-lit with high-key lighting. I experimented with using an umbrella to soften some of the images. The the main issue I had during the shoot was with regards to the lighting and was the reason why many of the photos turned darker than others - it was all a matter of getting the aperture and white balance right.
  
In the images where everything worked, it worked really well. I paid particular attention to framing in the shots, Emily appearing mainly in the centre or to the side, looking directly at the camera or in the distance at the side. This is important for both products to pull audiences in. I did experiment in some, by going slightly-off centre and getting her to look down, or to the side; these shots were supposed to be slightly more "arty" and would be used for the panes on the digipak other than the front and back.

I had quite a god high quality camera. This meant that the images have a very high resolution and can be enlarged as necessary. In some shots I used my macro lens when I wanted a particular angle that would mean standing in front of the studio lights.   Most of the shots were close-ups or medium shots, fitting perfectly with what is required for both the digipak and advert. Also we done some long shots just to experiment. Furthermore I should have probably took more portrait shots as I will definitely need to use one of these for the advert. Of course all of the images will be edited in Photoshop, to form them how we want it to look. I am hoping to see some creative results. Practically any flaws can be ironed out, including whitening the background and improving the shadows and highlights.














Final Images

I feel that these are some of the most successful and appropriate images to work with. They will be incorporated into the finished products. 


Add caption






















No comments:

Post a Comment