Even though there's still a long way to go, with lots of gaps, and some major issues with the video, We have made some good progress within the editing.
A large portion of the rest of the video, although synced, is disorganised with clips and short sections of editing jotted around in an incohesive fashion. This is because I have been editing on what I call "staple basis"; I've been using all of the clips that I consider to be the best out of the footage and then the gaps can be filled at a later stage and amendments made to make the narrative flow. However, I do feel I've been using a variety of clips from all the different scenarios.
A few single shots have been placed randomly for experimental purposes, i.e the shot where
At the moment narrative has been quite easy to follow, but the sections which have been edited work very well and look relatively professional and cohesive when considered on their own. We are particularly proud of the overal look and style our video is portraying and the darkness within. A few parts do need to be more speedy and/or jumpy to complement the music. This would then match the flash at the beginning of the video.
My main concerns for the next rough cut, apart from to fill the gaps and to re-sync the beginning the video of course, are to reconnect the offline media and to look at the gaps. We have begun to use this technique to remind me of what I need to fill in or look at. In the case of the overlayed studio shots where there's text, which does look very good, adding an extra visual dimension to the video, I'm unsure if it is synced properly or not. It is difficult to tell with clips overlaid and so I'll have to hide them all and check one by one. This will take time but will be worth it.
Additionally I feel that so far most of the excitement comes from the editing and camera movement so there needs to be a few more dancing shots also.
No comments:
Post a Comment